Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2010

The typical Republican - America

Well first of all, I had my difficulties with this topic because I dislike stereotyping people. But anyways, there seem to be some demographic facts about the “typical” American republican party voter.
Several sites say, that “typical” republican voters are educated and older persons, who are often supporters of military and the Christian church. Just one quarter of the gay population votes for the Republicans. Even though the party was founded on the civil rights movement, it has not many black supporters (there should be a quite representative diagram here, but somehow it does not work. I'll try again later).

70-80 % of the Jewish does not vote for the Republicans, the “Mormons” instead gave 89% of their votes for George W. Bush. On my research I found the saying “not rich enough to be Republican” – a cynic hint to the fact, that the “typical” Republican is financially well stated.The typical “red” states are in the south and the west of the USA.
An article in the German magazine Spiegel says, that a third of the republican voters prefer a candidate who “says what he thinks”.
My beloved friend Wikipedia told me (no worries, there are loads of scientific proofs for that), that Republicans mostly supported by whites from married couples with children living at home – wow, that sounds conservative!
If you want to get more information on that, I recommend to visit the website of Wikipedia, it offers many scientific essays and other sources to this topic.
To sum it up, here is a video we found on youtube, but please do not take it too seriously!